Nothing is that

13 May 2011

Good Time To die [does the universe have a purpose!?!]... hahahaa!

Progress is expected to be benign if not very pleasant, and along established acceptable lines rather that contrary or even hostile.
When I said : "A good time to die is when you have all the good reason to go on living ", I chose the hostile line omitting the mitigating precondition -if free-. "If free from responsibilities etc. etc. " I chose the blunt approach because I am only interested in minds that are not culture constrained and are not shopping for a great deal. A new idea should be examined not because it promises to reinforce the reality we have fashioned for ourselves, but just because it is new. So;
- A good time to die is when you have all the best possible reasons to go on living-
Lets assume that the great majority who reads this assertion will just move on, and perhaps rare to very rare an open mind may decide to investigate if the statement has any validity, what may its validity be based on and what it may offer.
This mind might proceed thus:
1) -What have I to gain by living on just because the living is good?... pleasure comes to mind right away. O.K. Its not the best possible reason but good enough for a start.
2) -What- on the other hand for a start - have I to gain by deciding to extinguish myself when it seems that I have all the reasons not to?.... Just A moment! How do I know that? And How do i know that I have all these good reasons, how do I know that they are good? And finally how do I know that I do not have more to gain by asserting my will over what is an involuntary condition and not go on reaping dubious benefits which will eventually and very likely lead to my complete dissolution with no permanent gain... mmm. The angler fish might come to mind. It can be said that the angler's fish successful design can be directly attributed to its prey. Originally a few of its victims may have been lured in the vicinity of the angler fish mouth by one or some of its appendages. In time one of these appendages got to look more and more like the sort of wriggly little worm that is the prey's own choice of prey. So with that in mind, one can then ask oneself: How do I know that these preferences, incentives and values of mine are not designed by me for my own undoing ? What if all that is designed to be most desirable to me is just an expedient to exploit me and on the other hand what if that which is most repulsive or frightening to me is so because its intent is to hide something? Like a great prize, a treasure that cannot be awarded to anyone just by the fact that one has stumbled upon it, but its awesome power most be understood and earned heroically.
- Does the universe have a purpose?
- YOU BET YOUR ASS!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors